Artists and producers are now having to find ways to trim their costs and are finding it more and more difficult to maintain the standards of sonic excellence set by albums of the 70’s and 80’s when recording budgets were anywhere between five and ten times higher in real terms than to-day.
To help meet the challenge of ever diminishing recording budgets I can now offer an analogue alternative to ‘Mixing in the Box’ at no extra cost above the daily rate when working with artists at other studios as an Engineer/Producer for their projects. This arrangement can offer artists opportunities to maximize their budgets; for instance artists can hire my services when tracking, continue with overdubs using cheaper limited facilities and then return to mix their project with me at my normal daily rate, meaning they do not incur any additional costs when using my studio facilities
My emphasis in choosing equipment has been on quality not quantity, providing me with more tools and mixing aids than I have ever needed up until now.
- Mixer: 32 input Neotek Essence
- Multitrack: Pro Tools HD2 version 8.3
- 2X192 converters [32 tracks a/d conversion]
- Mastering: Ampex ATR 102 half inch
- Dynamics: Analogue outboard includes:Dynamics from Tubetech, Drawmer and Amek
- Equalizers: Calrec discrete units
- Reverbs: Lexicon 480L; Sony R7
- Digital Plug-Ins: Include full set of Sonnox Eq. Dynamics and Reverbs
- Monitors: AR 3; Dynaudio BM6A; Aurelec